WRITING FOR IELTS
1. Most high level jobs are done by men. Should the government encourage a certain percentage of these jobs to be reserved for women?
2. Are famous people treated unfairly by the media? Should they be given more privacy, or is the price of their fame an invasion into their private lives?
3. Should developing countries concentrate on improving industrial skills or should they promote education first
4. Safety standards are important when building people's homes. Who should be responsible for enforcing strict building codes - the government or the people who build the homes?
5. Does modern technology make life more convenient, or was life better when technology was simpler?
6. In your opinion what factors contribute to a good movie?
7. Does travel help to promote understanding and communication between countries?
8. Children behave badly, should their parents accept responsibility and also be punished?
9. What should a government do for a country to become successful?
10. Should sports classes be sacrificed in High School so students can concentrate on Academic subjects?
11. Nowadays doctors can become very rich. Maybe they should not focus on profitable activities such as plastic surgery or looking after rich patients and concentrate more on patient's health, no matter how rich they are?
12. Will modern technology, such as the internet ever replace the book or the written word as the main source of information?)
13. Discuss the advantage and disadvantage of giving international Aid to poor countries.
14. Should criminals be punished with lengthy jail terms or re-educated and recapitulated, using community service programs for instance, before being reintroduced to society?